A custom crush facility specializing in small lot premium wines. We cater to clients both large and small who share our passion for winemaking. Our commitment is to provide a clean, professional environment, tailored services, all with attentive customer care.
” We make uncompromising wines and trusting who you entrust your wine with is of the utmost importance and Healdsburg Custom Crush offers that in spades. Add to that the new Carlsen crush pad and immaculate facilities, and there is no need to look further.”
“Delightful, Professional, Energetic, Attentive & Accommodating ~ Without hesitation I highly recommend Healdsburg Custom Crush”
“Brian is the sole reason I’m moving all my clients to HCC. When the chaos of harvest comes raining down, nothing seems to rattle Brian. He’s seen it all. I couldn’t be happier to be working with Brian again this harvest.”
“I love working with HCC. The team is dedicated, friendly, flexible, and professional and are truly an enjoyable group to make great wines with”
We moved our processing to Healdsburg Custom Crush prior to the 2015 harvest. We found the staff to be very accommodating, allowing for a smooth transition and move-in. We are very pleased with the outcomes from that first harvest and look forward to working with Stephanie, Brian, and their crew in the years to come.
The Healdsburg Custom Crush experience has been everything we’ve hope for and more. Brian and the rest of the crew are knowledgeable and helpful. With the HCC team we created exactly the wines we had envisioned
Healdsburg Custom Crush, conveniently located just minutes from downtown Healdsburg, was founded in 2014 and has a production capacity of 450 tons. Our production manager, Brian Kobler, with his 21 years of professional winemaking experience, works to ensure that each client is served with attentiveness and excellence. Production equipment is well maintained and includes a brand new Carlsen and Associates crush pad. Contact us to find out how we can best serve your needs or to schedule a tour of our facility.
With capacity for 2,000 barrels, we offer professional barrel storage and barrel services. Our many years of experience allow you to store and maintain your barrels with confidence. We offer monthly toppings and sampling of full barrels, and monthly sulfur dioxide (SO2) gassing of empty barrels. We also provide racking and blending services if required. Contact us to schedule delivery of your barrels or for a tour of our facility.
Healdsburg Custom Crush is seeking interns for Seasonal Cellar work during the 2022 harvest. HCC specializes in a wide variety of small-lot wines, our custom crush facility will expose you to many winemaking styles and some of the top winemakers in Sonoma County. Interns will work in all aspects of production, with varying responsibilities throughout the season. Interns will also participate in all steps of the winemaking process, working closely with our full-time staff in order to produce ultra premium wines. Job requirements are a willingness to work long hours, a good attention to detail, being a team player, and a sense of humor.
DAILY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilization of all winery equipment and facilities.
– Moving of winery equipment: hoses, pumps, bins, elevator, and other equipment.
– Learning and performing all cellar safety protocols.
– Sorting and processing of grapes.
– Daily Fermentation monitoring.
– Daily punch downs and pump overs.
– Inoculations and additions to wine, must, and juice.
– Pressing of grapes, must, and juice
– Preparation of barrels for filling
– Transferring and racking of wine and juice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
– Must be a verbal English speaker with strong communication skills.
– Must be able to work and cooperate in a team environment.
– Must be able to read and comprehend documents and protocols.
– Must be able to perform all tasks in a safe and timely manner.
– Must be dependable, punctual, and possess a strong work ethic.
– Must have the capability to follow directions and fit into a existing team framework.
– Must be able to maintain a positive attitude.
– Must have an attention for detail and quality while working at a fast pace.
– Must be able to show up on time, work longs hours, work overtime, and work on the weekends.
– Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
Work will begin in August date TBD and continue into October. Exact end date will depend on the growing season and harvest schedule.